Mutant Future Big Sky
- Pure Humans get one randomly rolled piece of bygone tech to start the game.
- Much advanced personal technology is known to have special properties that only allow Pure Humans to activate it.
Willpower modifiers for Metaconcert, Saves vs. Mental Powers, etc., are as follows:
|21 +||+ 6|
Terry Gwazdosky’s slightly modified skill system for MF:
|Climb||1 in 6 (1)|
|Listen||1 in 6|
|Search||1 in 6|
|Stealth||1 in 6 (2)|
|Survival||1 in 6|
|Swimming||1 in 6|
|Vocation (3)||0 in 6|
(1) STR bonus applies
(2) DEX Initiative Bonus applies
(3) Something applicable to the dark ages (Blacksmith, Soldier, Baker, Butcher, Merchant, Fisherman, Farmer, etc.)
- No skill can go higher than 5 in 6.
- Exceptionally difficult situations should use a higher die type (d8, d10, etc) for the check.
- Pure humans get 2 skill points at 1st level. All others get 1d2-1 (0 or 1).
Experience Level Bonuses
This table replaces the one on page 14 of the core rulebook.
|01-10||+ 1 damage (1)|
|11-30||+ 1 attack per round|
|31-60||+ 1 skill point|
|61-80||Improved Critical (2)|
|81-00||+ 1 to an ability|
(1) Must choose Melee, Ranged or a single Mutation. + 1 is to each die of damage.
(2) First time critical chance increases to natural 19 or 20, second time to 18, 19 or 20, etc.
- Quick Mind does not have the lie detection capabilities listed in the Core Rulebook
- Any mutant who has the Metaconcert ability can add their WIL bonus to another character’s mental attack as a full-round action.
- Many mental mutations; specifically Empathy, Disintegration, Killing Sphere, and any other that is in effect a death effect grant a Save vs. Death by the victim to avoid or take half-damage as appropriate.
*A creature reduced to negative hit points may be saved if, before one round passes, he or she is restored to positive hit points by the use of advanced technology.
*Critical Hits (Natural 20) allow the attacker to roll damage twice, as well as ‘explode’ (roll again) any die that rolls the highest number on that die. There is a check box in Roll20 that does this automatically.